I saw in the chatbox that someone wanted to know how to create an sfv file so I decided to make a guide.
Some questions you might have is
- What is SFV?
- Why should I provide Sfv files in my uploads?
- Where Can I get SFV
Step 1: How to Create an sfv file
- SFV or "Simple File verification" is a program that check's the files you downloaded and match the files that the uploader uploaded.
- "Simple file verification (SFV) is a file format for storing CRC32 checksums of files in order to verify the integrity of files. SFV can be used to detect random corruptions in a file, but cannot be used for checking authenticity in any meaningful way. Typically, the .sfv extension is used on SFV files."
- If you provide SFV files in your upload the person that download's your game can do the above step to see if the files matches with the files the person downloaded.
- You can get the program here http://www.quicksfv.org/overview.html
First Highlight the files and rightclick and go down to "Create .SFV file"
Here you can name the sfv file
Here is the process
When it is done doubleclick on the sfv file and it will check the files
If some of the files is missing the program will tell you
If some of the files got corrupted while downloading lets say you got 85 mb instead of 100mb you will get an "CRC missmatch error" in the sfv program, And if you know which file is corrupted you can easily redownload the file and check with sfv again.
And if you try to estract the game if some of the files is corrupted you will get some error messages like
"Unknown archive format" or "the file format is damaged" sometimes when you upload games even the filehost can mess up your files.
For example megaupload if the speed is like 10-20 kbit when you usally get 500 to 1000 kb/s the file might have been corrupted when uploading it or it is some bug in the system I don't know, the only way is to reupload the file.
With mediafire they say that you can download unlimited of files at the same time. My advice is to download 2 files at a time.
When I downloaded 3 files at a time the third file only downloaded like 50/100 mb
Step 2: How to use an SFV file
When you download a game with multiple parts like this if the uploader provided a sfv file, you will see it here.
Just click on the file and save it where the files you downloaded is
Step 3: How to upload an sfv file
First make your thread then submit it then edit it again and follow these steps
"Out of my experience when I made a thread and uploaded the sfv files at the same time when I then submitted the thread the sfv files was gone"
First look for the icon that looks like this click on it
And then you will get up a new window
"Click on Browse"
And look after the sfv file
After that click on open and after that click on upload you will then see the sfv file under the "attachment section"
If you have questions/comments leave them here in this thread