+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton Atton's Avatar

Post Guide: How to Create/Use/Upload An SFV File

I saw in the chatbox that someone wanted to know how to create an sfv file so I decided to make a guide.

Some questions you might have is
    • What is SFV?
    • Why should I provide Sfv files in my uploads?
    • Where Can I get SFV
    1. SFV or "Simple File verification" is a program that check's the files you downloaded and match the files that the uploader uploaded.
    2. "Simple file verification (SFV) is a file format for storing CRC32 checksums of files in order to verify the integrity of files. SFV can be used to detect random corruptions in a file, but cannot be used for checking authenticity in any meaningful way. Typically, the .sfv extension is used on SFV files."
    3. If you provide SFV files in your upload the person that download's your game can do the above step to see if the files matches with the files the person downloaded.
    4. You can get the program here http://www.quicksfv.org/overview.html
    Step 1: How to Create an sfv file

First Highlight the files and rightclick and go down to "Create .SFV file"

Here you can name the sfv file

Here is the process

When it is done doubleclick on the sfv file and it will check the files

If some of the files is missing the program will tell you

If some of the files got corrupted while downloading lets say you got 85 mb instead of 100mb you will get an "CRC missmatch error" in the sfv program, And if you know which file is corrupted you can easily redownload the file and check with sfv again.

And if you try to estract the game if some of the files is corrupted you will get some error messages like

"Unknown archive format" or "the file format is damaged" sometimes when you upload games even the filehost can mess up your files.

For example megaupload if the speed is like 10-20 kbit when you usally get 500 to 1000 kb/s the file might have been corrupted when uploading it or it is some bug in the system I don't know, the only way is to reupload the file.

With mediafire they say that you can download unlimited of files at the same time. My advice is to download 2 files at a time.
    When I downloaded 3 files at a time the third file only downloaded like 50/100 mb

Step 2: How to use an SFV file

When you download a game with multiple parts like this if the uploader provided a sfv file, you will see it here.

Just click on the file and save it where the files you downloaded is

Step 3: How to upload an sfv file

First make your thread then submit it then edit it again and follow these steps
    "Out of my experience when I made a thread and uploaded the sfv files at the same time when I then submitted the thread the sfv files was gone"

First look for the icon that looks like this click on it

And then you will get up a new window
    "Click on Browse"

And look after the sfv file

After that click on open and after that click on upload you will then see the sfv file under the "attachment section"

If you have questions/comments leave them here in this thread

/Atton
    Last edited by Atton; 04-06-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    SFV - if you are in difficulty or if you want to check your download. What's SFV? here where can I get SFV here

The bringer of order SnesOrama Supporter tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221 tatsuya1221's Avatar
    Thanks!
    This should come in handy.
    All of my uploads have the password tatsuya, unless i state otherwise.

I won't be able to reupload my uploads for a while, sorry.

I'm too on SEGAHUB.ORG ^-^ !! Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^ is a name known to all Rep_Plus_^-^'s Avatar

Wink

Wow, i read all your thread and hmmm, i'll think about adding sfv file to my uploads...
    Problems with Saturn type of images?
    Feel free to ask me about it

*****Saturn Master List*****(2nd)

Click on her to view...
    my “hacked” releases!

クロッスエクス KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX KrossX's Avatar
    I was thinking about starting to use this, and this guide is very nice to put on my signature. XD

+Rep wishes~~ (gotta spread it some more first.. >_< )

Not the B-52's song SnesOrama Supporter BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster has much to be proud of BrockLobster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atton View Post
    I saw in the chatbox that someone wanted to know how to create an sfv file so I decided to make a guide.
    I believe that was me. Someone was complaining that my PS2 uploads weren't complete because there was no SFV file link in my post. I was just thinking, "Well, fuck... you got the game, you want me to prove it to you, too?"
    PS2 burning, its images, and the emulation of it is new to me since I just recently got a chipped PS2. Thanks for the guide, Atton. It is appreciated.

~B~

EDIT: I would like to see what the fuck you're talking about. The image won't show on the screen anymore. Re-link images, possibly? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by terranigma View Post
    i stay in the toilet for hours playing not even shitting.
    Code:

Vote for SOR here and here.
    Reupload list / Requested mirrors
    Master Lists
    Broken or deleted links?
    This coded portion was stolen from Sgluber with pure motives.

Junior Member 420Time has a spectacular aura about 420Time has a spectacular aura about
    I never bothered with SFV files before, but I never really knew what they were for. Now that I know how useful it is, I will be making SFV files for all my future uploads. Thanks for the great guide & the links.

Junior Member ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder ploder's Avatar
    Thanks for the guide. Anything that will improve the quality of releases is a pro.

Junior Member zerogera is on a distinguished road
    veamos que tal esperemos que funcione gracias

+ Reply to Thread