+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    sn00py

How to get your XBOX 360 controller Fully Functional with epsxe

I thought I would contribute something back to the community seeing as I have used this forum to download so many great PSONE games...:nod:

Ok, I have had considerable trouble getting my xbox360 pad fully functional(getting the right stick to function properly and getting the Force Feedback working) but after some google searching I finally found a working solution.

Before starting ensure your xbox 360 pad is plugged in and recognised by your operating system.

First you need a few files:
    1. Latest XBCD drivers (v107) - created specifically for xbox controllers
    2. WinXP XBOX360 driver (v0.2.0) - XBCD specific
    both can be downloaded from here:
    Code:
    http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/download.html
    I have done a short step by step guide (how to install the drivers) which is very similiar to a more graphical guide on the website link above (has pretty mac OS pictures), u should look at that also to get a better idea of what im talking about. Look for "The Guide" link at the top of their page. Once you'e finished doing the drivers then read steps 11 - 18 to configure XBCD specifically for epsxe.

how to install the correct drivers

Step 1: Download the above files

Step 2: Install XBCD

Step 3: Extract zipped XBOX360 driver contents

Step 4: In the extracted files run(double click) the install.bat file

Step 5: Open Device Manager (Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Hardware(tab) > Device Manager

Step 6: Locate your xbox 360 pad drivers (should be under Microsoft Common Controller for Wndows Class)

Step 7: go to Update xbox 360 controller drivers (right click > properties)
    "This should open the wizard"

Step 8: In the wizard select "Install from list or specific location..." click next.

Step 9: Click "Dont Search I will choose the driver to install" click next

Step 10: Highlight "XBCD Xbox 360 Gamepad" click next (dont worry about the warning not digitally signed message just ignore, click "continue anyway")

how to configure XBCD for your Xbox 360 pad and get it working in ePSXe

Step 11: Open notepad and copy/paste this code into it:

Code:
    [Gamepad]
    DevType=5
    LStickDZ=0
    RStickDZ=0
    BThreshold=10
    TThreshold=10
    AThreshold=100
    AxesOn=9
    LAFactor=255
    RAFactor=255
    NButtons=12
    LStickFull=1
    RStickFull=1
    AxesScale=64646464646464
    Layouts=1
    Profile0=27292A280A090B0C0203010405060708191A1C1B1D1E2423
    Step 12: Save this file as "Dual Analogue Fix.xgi" IMPORTANT:make sure the "save as type" is ALL FILES

Step 13: Open XBCD "setup utility"(should have a shortcut in your start menu > all programs)

Step 14: click OPEN (in the bottom left hand corner) locate your "Dual Analogue Fix.xgi" and click open.

Step 15: click APPLY (on the bottom next to reset, exit)

Step 16: Close it then run ePSXe (1.5.2 or 1.6)

Step 17: go to config > Game Pad > Pad 1

Step 18: set-up all your buttons

Rumble settings:
    Type - DirectX(1.5.2), DX1(1.6)
    Big Motor - Constant
    Small Motor - Sine

Your Finished :thumb0sn:

Now Test! ---i tested with Ape Escape NTSC/U and it worked perfectly)- :partyman:

EDIT: Dont forget to press F5 to enable Analog function if the left/right sticks aren't working...

Section9

Thx!

man i never thought about using my 360 controller for emus thx for the guide everything worked out perfect!:openbottle:

sn00py

No Problem

Im glad this guide helped one person...ur welcome

Junior Member Hectik17 Hectik17's Avatar
    if you cant get xp to install the drivers for the control, make sure your updated to SP2 service pack2.
    My PAL Psx List: HERE!! More Games To Come, PM For Requests.

thomasjb
    Worked perfectly! Excellent walkthrough. Thanks a lot! Now my Xbox Controller works perfectly with ePSXe.

lolol
    Yep, the controller is good. But you don't have to follow all those steps I installed the driver then connected the controller to my pc and it worken:lol:

there seems to be a problem, i install the drivers, but every time that my computer restarts the controller automatically uninstalls

girman15
    how do u connect a 360 controller to ur computer do u need to buy something

Senior Member SnesOrama Supporter Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb Awebb
    And if you're done installing and want to use the pad for more, visit: http://xpadder.com/

Great app for joystick remapping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast