+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VMU battery

VMU battery

So I have a question: What kind of battery does the Dreamcast VMU have in it, and if I replace it, will I lose all my data?

How long do they last? I have a megamemory brand VMU that I got second hand from a pawn shop. It's lasted me about two years so far, but..

I worry.

I'd like to get my grubby little paws on like new 3-5 Sega brand VMUs..

oldschool SnesOrama Supporter Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros Cleidophoros's Avatar
    The VMU runs on two CR-2032 lithium batteries which are inserted into the rear of the VMU under a screw-secured lid. Without battery power, the VMU still works as a memory card and auxiliary display, but cannot play downloaded mini-games.

..................... SnesOrama Supporter Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk Andy Jerk's Avatar
    Racketboy has em.

http://www.racketboy.com/

Dreamcaster SnesOrama Supporter dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab's Avatar

Smile

If your lucky, you'll get 1-2 months out of the batteries.
    The memory is not lost when bats die.
    The official VMU's are the best. The screen is very useful in some games.
    If you like any posts, or they help you please give REP by clicking the or in the right hand corner!!
    Click if you want to say thanks. Enjoy the games!!

DREAMCAST...It's Still Thinking!

Life is short...PLAY HARD!

+ Reply to Thread